Thread: New to cycling
View Single Post
Old 14-06-2012, 11:31 AM   #625
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 
Default Re: New to cycling

Quote:
Originally Posted by TZENU
Not sure if many people watch the road cycling, but I know you would all haved heard that we are not far from the start of the Tour De France... The prologue begins on the 30th June and with Andy Schleck confirming he is NOT racing , if Cadel can keep his nose clean in the first several stages, he may well take out his second TdF...
Can't wait to see the likes of Matty Goss, Baden Cooke, Stuey O et al take the tour head on with Greenedge.

In other news looks as though Lance Armstrong is in the spotlight yet again.. Lance has been one of my sporting hero's since he won his 3RD straight tour and it's getting tiresome, the constant back and forth of USADA... Regardless of what many think, he is and will forever be one of the greatest cyclist of all time; right up there with the likes of Eddy Merckx and Gino Bartali
I thought I was the only one here who keeps an eye on the pro cycling tours. haha.

I have spent many late nights watching the likes of the Giro, Dauphine, Tour de Suisse, and a lot of other tours leading up to the TDF. I must say it's becoming a habit to watch as much cycling as much as V8/F1 racing. LOL

I too was shocked to hear of Andy not participating in this years TDF. But on the other hand I think it may add in Cadel's favor. I reckon it will be a tussle between Cadel and Wiggins, mixed in with the likes of Basso, and some sprint finishes by The Cav. Also keeping an eye on Voekel as he was strong last year, but not sure if he will be strong enough to hold out for the entire GC.

Im gonna do the velogames tipping this year. Would be cool to have a few of you guys to join as well for a bit of fun.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont