View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012, 03:20 PM   #11
Giant
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Organising Nulon to sponsor AFF. 
Default Re: 5.0 Coyote Twin Turbo Mustang runs 9.4@150mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasac
we copped alot of crap about our 1UZ from so-called 1UZ experts, we were told what we were doing wouldn't work, it won't make power and it will fail. our engine builder just laughed and shook his head still waiting for what those so called experts told us to come true 2-years, 200+ passes, 30000km's and 1100hp+ later

moral of the story, you want a 1000hp engine talk to someone that has done it successfully many times, you want a 500hp engine talk to someone who has done it successfully many times.

i rang a couple places in Oz for my build, noone had done a 1500hp+ Modular before, so, was time to call the guys in the US. forums can be good but alot of people relay info that is 2nd, 3rd hand old or they don't know every detail.

the Yanks can be a little funny with there wording. it is stock box, but i'd say it would have had to have some upgrades? if not then WOW!!
Copping crap makes it all the more fun when you succeed.
Giant is offline   Reply With Quote