View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 02:36 AM   #15
Craney
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Carsales.com.au scam

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTpilot
It's been going on for years.
Have you fun, if that's what interests you. But becareful. Your not the first person to do this, and I'm sure they know your tricks better than you.
I'd suggest if you have only just learnt about email headers, they already know more about you than you do them!
It is good fun tho. We strung a bikesales scammer along for a few days until he was abusing us! He had pics of a $40k+ Goldwing trike he wanted $15,500 for. The bike had covered 15,500kms also. The truck in the background of the pics had American plates and it was a weird scam. We had to deposit $500 in (can't remember what it was now, something like ebay motors??) to inspect the bike and then we'd get the money back if we didn't want to buy it.
We played him like a fish... then got bored and put him into crimestoppers.

We did the same a few years ago to one of those Nigerian "Ive got all this money but... blah blah... I want to park it on your account and you can have 30%... blah blah... scams. We drove the bloke nuts with expectation that we'd go the $1000 "transfer fee" We were ringing him on VOIP at 3am his time asking and reasking silly questions. Our last conversation (after about a week) was him cussing and screaming down the phone as we rolled around laughing.

And yes, he probably was very poor and he does probably make less in a year than I make before smoko but if salivating over screwing me for $1000 for a week stopped him from taking in someone gullible then I make no apologies. So wind up your local internet scammer, it's great!

Last edited by Craney; 11-02-2012 at 02:48 AM.
Craney is offline   Reply With Quote