View Single Post
Old 08-02-2012, 06:32 PM   #38
DanielXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Ford to sue GM over TV ad

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011G6E
I'd still like Ford to do a "how many are still on the road"...I don't know about where you are, but I can drive from here to Rocky and see a total of at least four or five F100's sitting on farms in various states of disrepair, obviously not having moved for many years, and more on the way down to Bundy along the highway. I even see the odd one sitting beside a farm shed from the train as we drive along. Chev trucks were sold here in decent numbers, but you simply don't seem to see them just rusting away in a paddock. Now, of course there were probably less Chev trucks sold than F100's, but you know...

...sorry...
Yeap the only thing that lingers longer in the car world then a Ford F100 in a paddock is a Sigma. They spend several years as paddock bashers, have two or three non essential parts pulled from the mechanical (you know pistons and stuff), reregistered and back on the road. If the Sigma is in Beige or yellow it somehow becomes indestructible. I wish it weren't the case, but they are true survivors. Examples will still be going long after the Magna that succeeded it are long gone.

My apologies to Anto in advance for mentioning the Sigma, which is clearly not a Ford product.
DanielXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote