View Single Post
Old 02-11-2011, 07:35 PM   #25
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: New 60km/h speed limits in NSW forest roads!! was 100.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDManual
You guys are wrong, there should be no speed limit. People should be able to judge what is safe. This doesnt allow for safe areas where faster is fine.

This is more and more dumbing down of the population. That means we all become worse and worse drivers as we dont have to think, and when something pops out we have no idea what to do.

I am not saying you should be sideways around every corner and flat out up every straight, but driving safely doesn't mean slow.

I'll tell you what will happen, around corners where you will do less than 60 anyway, people will do 60 and crash as thats the limit. 100 was obviously at a speed limit where you have to think.
Perhaps in a perfect world that would work...but while you have fallible humans behind the wheel, you need to give people prompts not to do stupid things.
Would you feel comfortable driving along the highway in your amazingly infallible manner, while other people of questionable driving skills are coming the other way towards you and your family "doing what they think is safe"?
It would worry the buggery out of me if everyone was just allowed to do as they pleased on the roads...it'd certainly get a lot of people into public transport...me being one of them...

You're making a huge sweeping generalisation that everyone out there on the road has a "personal limiter" built in...but they don't. The majority of drivers will, but there is a massive and significant number of drivers who will believe they are far better than they are, and when they run out of talent, they will usually take other people with them...
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: