View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 08:09 PM   #6
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Default Re: New 60km/h speed limits in NSW forest roads!! was 100.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDManual
Came across new signs down dirt roads today where I travel often.

Would you believe the speed limit has dropped from 100 to a flat 60 everywhere in forest areas in NSW!!
Please advise which.

Watagans have posted "40 AREA" signs near the camping grounds, and "END 40 AREA" signs where the rural default then reapplies. Realistically, they should have used "END 40", dropping the word - area.

At the end of this 60km/h zone HOW is that zone 'ended'? It has to be signaled by sign UNLESS it's the literal end-of-the-road!

Quote:
Last month I was able to safely travel at speeds varying from 30 to 100 or so depending on the conditions. I watch the road, not my speedo. Some parts you go slow as there are bumpy corners, some parts are massive wide smooth roads as big as freeways (just happen to be dirt) with no trees nearby for even a roo to jump out of behind) down hill you might even happen to hit 106! oooh!.
I expect the rural default will drop, via the ARR process to 80km/h or 90km/h, or both vis; sealed and unsealed.

100km/h arrived as the rural default purely to lessen backlash after speed derestriction (//) was removed in NSW 1979,- by the Wran Bolshie government. It should have adopted derestrictions prima facie 80km/h, but as a max.

Let me know the state forrest or park, often a government agencies responsible for their various lands, believe they have legal control of speed zoning on it. They do not, and old RTA can order such limits removed.

Get back to us.
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf

Last edited by Keepleft; 01-11-2011 at 08:18 PM.
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote