View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 05:41 PM   #8
b2tf
not here much anymore

Default Re: AU2 XR6 Ute Suspenion Overhaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by xp_wannabe
G'day,

My ute has 220,000km and its time to give it a birthday.

Going to start with suspension. Im pretty sure everything in it is original (and if its not then its definitely been in there since 70,000km which is when I got it)

It definitely needs rear leaf spring bushes, and shocks all round.

What shocks should I get?

What bushes in the front end should I change out? Are they easy enough to do myself? I have a press etc.

Should I do all bushes in nolathane or something else?

I wouldnt mind going a tad lower, like maybe an inch all round. What springs for the front should I get, and what should I do with the rears? I know a bloke who can reset them for me...

Thanks in advance, Mark
Nolathane do a good kit that covers all the bushes in the front end, they dont do one for the rear but all you need there is the spring saddle pad and eye bushes front and rear. Nothing else much to worry about at that end.

I am about to put new shocks in my ute, it is lowered and I am using Monroe GT gas shocks which are made for lowered cars. Havent got them in yet but not too far away, from all reports they should make a noticable difference.

If you want to go lower you will need to use Superlows in the front and ideally reset the rear leafs to match. If you plan on doing the bushes you will need to take the leaves out anyway so its not much bother to get it all done at once.