Thread: TDCI Focus
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2011, 09:14 AM   #257
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Very helpful and gracious with photoshop work to help others.. 
Default Re: TDCI Focus

Quote:
Originally Posted by reggaeman
Hey fellas, thanks for the input. Big Damo - it's an lt not lv. Russ- i'm under the impression that it does have a dpf, however there there is a considerable amount of smoke blowing out the rear, so if it does have one, and as you r saying that u dont see any on yours, mine may need some attention. as this is my first diesel, i dont really know where the dpf would b located (havent gotten my hands on a haynes yet). may need to take it down to ford and get them to have a squiz at it. Kevino & Martyvan - i do take it up to 2500rpm from time to time, but seems to still blow as much as it would at 2000rpm.... think the dpf may need a clean or service by the sounds of it (if it's got one in place)
If your car is fitted with a DPF they are usually located within the first metre of the engine pipe as they require the heat to burn out the crap from the filter. I doubt that you have a problem with the DPF (or even have one fitted) as the more I think of it if you have a blocked DPF it is highly unlikely that the car would even be driveable and you should be getting a warning light in the dash similar to one of these if there was a problem with the DPF. When you turn on the ignition you should be able to see one of these symbols somewhere amongst your dash lights if you do it should go off when you start the car, if you don't then the chances are you don't have a DPF. As someone else just mentioned you may be able to reduce the amount of smoke by trying different diesel fuels as well (ie: Shell, Caltex, BP...) try to avoid the no name servos as the last thing you want is a batch of crap diesel in it Another option would be to run some diesel injector cleaner through it and if you use a product called Diesel Power (http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/onl...86#Description) you will find it should run much better.
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote