View Single Post
Old 19-07-2011, 09:10 PM   #29
rodsau1
Starter Motor

Smile Re: Smartshield disabled

i have been reading your comments and info on the won,t start problem with interest ....why i have a jan 99 au forte falcon sedan with a start problem . to start with it would not start .. wind .. crank. it had a blown fuse to start with and needed to be jump started, all good .the next day same thing , the battery was flat, jumper leads made no difference , just would not wind .i pulled apart the stering column to look at the ignition switch ,, it was faulty ,move the wires that fit into the rear of the ignition switch and it would crank.problem solved,only that the ignition switch is around 300 dollars to buy ,, not keen .i got hold of a ignition assembly from a 95 falcon ,which is identical and connected it thinking it would all be good but still no crank.i swapped key barrels thinking the car was not recognising a foreng key,still no crank .then after reading this post decided to turn the ignition on for 61 minutes ,remove the key and start the car .... it went .. happy as . i decided to post this to pass on my drama,s
rodsau1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: