View Single Post
Old 03-02-2011, 06:03 PM   #24
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Well just because you don't accept an answer does not make it automatically untrue.

In order to increase sales Ford should drop the V8 and turbo 6 so they can make the falcon lighter and use less expensive less strong components.
This will reduce the cost of manufacture.
Then the "quality of assembly" should be increased to at least that of a Focus or Mondeo so the new Falcons don't start falling to bits after about 5 years or 100,000km.

But while this will increase the overall sales of Falcon, the "enthusiasts" will scream like stuck pigs at how they have been "betrayed".

So while Falcon has to deliver a 350kw ++ capable chassis and running gear for under $50k retail they will be exactly what we have right now and sell to the same people who buy them now. (please note that even the bottom of the range XT has the same chassis as the GT-E).

Of course the other half of the problem is that a large percentage of the Falcon buying public would much rather buy a second hand GT or XR8 etc. than a new XR6 or G6 so the market is shrinking itself.

You can help though........if you are not driving a new Falcon then I am sure there are a number of dealers who would jsut love to remedy that....

You're right it will make them more money but will it sell them more cars .
I believe it just a product failure plain and simple. The evidence would suggest to me they did not build a product that enough people would want. They fecked up there business case .
The styling is nice but nothing special and you cant get one remotely good looking until you start heading to the top of the range .
The motor's are good but to other people then us on here, who really cares except how much juice it swallows .

An i would by a new car but they have nothing i want .so i paid bugger all and settled on something that would do until the build some thing i just have to have.

An one thing i think you just don't understand because i get the impression your not hard up for a dollar . Is most people a new car is a massive expense and burden on the house hold budget . And unless they produce something that people just have to be seen in or its just hurts not to have one you will not buy it you will settle.
snappy is offline   Reply With Quote