View Single Post
Old 02-11-2010, 01:31 PM   #31
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggypoppin'
When I bought my old XR6(2nd hand mind you) I test drove holdens, despite being a ford boy through and through. I just had to know why they where so hyped?
The dealer kept trying to get me to buy a Holden VY SV6, vs my XR6, I kept telling him that the xr was a far superior car but he was adamant the sv6 was better.
I made the right choice but was glad to test both brands before handing over 25k. I'd do the same if I had 80k to buy a GT/GTS or 500k to buy a house or a block, I'd test both first then make an informed decision. If I drove a GTS and decided(somehow) it was superior, it would probably get the nod. That's unlikely however!
If that was the case though, would you start a run of tatts for Holden? If that’s what you’re referring to in your sig? LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elks
I'd never bother test driving a new Holden, I didn't want one when they were faster, I really don't wont one now they are slower.
Gold! LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodp
I work hard for my money so I'll park my bum in the car that I feel gives me the best value for my money at the time. I have a bias towards Ford, but that's all it is.. a bias.
My last car was a E1 Clubby. My current is a BF Ghia while I wait a year or two to see how the blown 5L measures up.
I guess that’s why some people go back and forth across brands without any issue. Their focus is on dollar value, perhaps also on trying new things. No problem with that, but it’s just not how I work.

I also think that having the latest and greatest (whatever that really means) is often a high priority for people. I have also noticed that for many people I’ve come across over the years, they drive Ford or Holden or even Toyota and such, but they deep down have a desire/aspiration to drive German luxury cars. I reckon in some cases it’s simply the desire to be able to say that they’ve “made it”, but for others, I perceive a brand snobbery. Some people wouldn’t dare buy anything that isn’t European. Their loss !

As for my own bias, I certainly have on occasion questioned why I have a such a strong bias towards Ford. I guess for me, Ford connects me to my father who passed on a number of years ago. He taught me the value of brand loyalty and supporting the local community where possible. I certainly feel great about having two cars in my driveway, that are built within 15 kays of my home!

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10