View Single Post
Old 29-09-2005, 12:33 PM   #8
Forest Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
Note when i say Coupe... NOT hatch.... Remember the previous model had a Coupe Astra, and a Hatch Astra (which we had)... now the Astra is supposedly coming out in Coupe/convertible... i just wondered what a Focus would look as a coupe (not that futuristic one they showed at a motor show)
The the previous Astra Coupe is a stunner. I saw an imported Vauxhall Astra Coupe a few years ago. It's designed by Bertone like it's convertible sibling.

The current Astra Coupe is also a very hot looking car although the European model gets a much better looking front bumper and I like the GTC name rather than "Coupe". It is a much better looking car than the current Focus Zetec inside and out. I was set on purchasing it and was waiting for it to come here but when the engine specs were release I was very disappointed being an Astra owner and fan. As it is with only a 1.8 from the old Astra G, it's all style and no substance. This is its weakest link. A 2.2 would have made the decision very easy.

Mind you I reckon the Zetec is still a stunning looking car in its own right which is why I bought one (and still waiting since july19th).

I can't understand Ford. There is a market for premium small cars if you go by how many Golfs and A3's are on the road. The new Focus range is very limited.

Motor Mag reported Ford will not be bringing in the diesel Focus and no word about the 5 pot ST. Holden will be bringing in the 147kw Turbo Astra Coupe/Hatch and it will wear HSV badges. This will have phenomenal flow on effects for the Astra range. Ford needs to bring in the ST to compete with the Astras and Golfs and give the Focus a bit of hot hatch street cred. Its technically super and a stunning looking machine. Ford seems a bit slow probably because they care more about their Falcon business. No doubt new Focus is cannibilising Falcon sales at the moment.

Bring in the ST!!!
Forest Bear is offline   Reply With Quote