Thread: My New Mod !!!
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 12:21 PM   #8
thearrow

Default Svt.....uim

If you are thinking of buying an SVT manifold you MUST ensure that you get ALL the following.

1/ A low mileage Manifold (or if it is an old one you will have to get it honed and cleaned).

2/ The SVT Contour also came with a bigger throttle body which allows for more fuel to be pumped into the engine.

3/ There is also a mounting bracket required as the throttle body set up is different on the SVT.

4/ If you have cruise control you will also need a MANUAL cruise control cable as again the set up is different and the auto cruise cable WILL NOT fit.

If you have all the following then the whole lot bolts together and will go straight onto the top of the motor, my mechanic had no problem with installing it other than getting the stock rubber air intake to fit around the bigger throttle body.

In my case I got the cruise cable second hand at a later date as none of the parts suppliers have them.

I have to say that when I give it "the stick" now it sounds great I mean REALLY great.

The other option is to get hold of a standard UIM grind all the burrs of it and then get it honed, cleaned out and painted and you will more or less have the same thing. A lot of guys in the US do this now as SVT UIM's are hard to find, there are guys in the US who have even had them chromed or pianted wild colours.

It is a worthwhile modification as it looks HEAPS better IMHO.
thearrow is offline   Reply With Quote