View Single Post
Old 08-08-2009, 07:53 PM   #61
Stoney!
Happy Volkswagen owner

its not 'easing pressure' or keeping them afloat with GM' and its not a hand-out! I seriously wonder if people just read the bits they want to, then reply!

It's a line of credit, meaning and money has to be paid back. It also says NO MONEY HAS BEEN DRAWN FROM IT YET. I guess its a just in case slushie.

I also think holdens profit margins would be to do with setting up the alloytec plant and the $1Billion+ invested in the VE including continual investment and now tooling up for the Cruze. Its a big investment from no where and will need lesser capital for updates and all new models from here. As has been said recently, they are on track for profit this financial year.

At the end of the day, V8 supercars is advertising, and clearly their marketing and finance sections could justify it. People here have long ridiculed ford for marketing then you ridicule Holden for actually marketing their brand.

Stoney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04redxr8
Holden are kicking the enemy when they are down. Trouble is Ford seems to lay down a lot.

Last edited by Stoney!; 08-08-2009 at 07:59 PM.
Stoney! is offline   Reply With Quote