View Single Post
Old 14-07-2009, 12:57 AM   #12
Rude

Quote:
Originally Posted by EG30
unfortunately my sister only has an auto licence, and even if she did have a manual licence she would refuse to drive a manual day in day out in traffic anyway.

she really likes the handy features such as the bluetooth interface, usb mp3 playback and the info display on top of the dash, and quick responsive steering makes it very easy to park and the brakes are well assisted for her liking also. Her only main gripe is the lack of torque which I did warn her well in advance and she found the acceleration adequate on the test drive a month ago.

She commented the car ( slow-iesta in her words )felt so slow going up semi steep hills she thought cyclists are going to overtake her any minute LOL ( she doesnt like to select lower gears or mash the pedal to kickdown either ). I guess 100Nm less than her previous 1988 BMW E30 325i and only 50kg lighter mated to the same 4 ratio slushbox is really going to be noticeable.

I'll consult with my car stereo installer to see if it's worthwhile upgrading the front speakers with some middle of road Pioneer splits or eqv some time this week.
yeah the auto is a bit slow and battles a bit when going up a hill with 4 ppl in it. Dont know why they put the smaller engine with the auto, makes no sence.
Rude is offline   Reply With Quote