View Single Post
Old 10-06-2009, 04:46 PM   #339
Zetec Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkeykwong
Is it a manual 5dr doctamick, because if it is...

Ive been sitting here reading this post over and over again to make sure i have not read the wrong thing. Because this would seem to clarify the notion that I have indeed been screwed over by my dealership. Im going to say it now, BINKS FORD FOOTSCRAY, MELBOURNE.

I ordered my car in feburary, the 21st to be exact. Now getting over the fact that i probably ordered my car a week after curik at the same dealership and i have not got my car anywhere near the same time as him.

But heres the kicker. I ORDERED A VISION ZETEC. They told me may, then they told me August. How is it that doctamick's dealer here (this is in no offense to you mick), has managed to get his hands on a 'spare' vision zetec.

I seriously hope that doctamick you dont have a manual 5dr, because if you do i am going to go and give my dealer an earfull.

Plus, fair enough the cars arent built yet. But if theyve been built in freaking march, then what in the world was the hold up?

Heres my theory on what may be going on, this is purely a hypothesis, feel free to prove me wrong:

- Ford dont have enough cars to satisfy demand anywhere because they arent operating Cologne plant at full capacity to preserve jobs in a tough economic environment [Fair enough]

- Ford are focusing on satisfying Fiesta demand in Europe before other markets because they probably have a better reputation for customer serivce to uphold. [Dont think thats quite right for the Aussies though]

- In Australia, there was a lot of demand for the Fiesta when it came out, especially the enthusiasm about the value and the aggressive pricing at the top of the range. [fair enough]

- So people had to wait, but after prices supposedly went up, people were apparently buying zetecs for 25k+.

- THESE PEOPLE ARE GETTING THE ZETECS FIRST. what ever trickles into australia, the dealers are picking and choosing who gets what. I have a bad feeling that my zetec had actually been built and sent to australia, but one of the 'people who have been coming in and paying sticker price' as my salesperson has said, probably got it before me because theyre paying more.

- People that keep nagging the dealers are also getting theirs sooner.

- People whos situations cause dealers financial costs get theirs immediately (black betty).

I really hope i get proven wrong and that i can keep on believing that my dealer is telling me the truth. But i have a hard time believing that I have to wait until august, and when i open the car bonnet and check the compliance plate, it was built in March. I think this is also of a case of being my first and last ford (and i havent even got the freaking car yet).
That's more or less spot on to how I feel mate. Its really annoying about the delays and I'm not surprised if I end up getting mine later than this month and I'm guessing at this stage anywhere between mid July to Mid August despite them telling me its been delayed month after month. Another annoying thing is, when it comes to trade in, the people who get theirs cars late in 09 will be valued the same as those manufactured and delivered early to mid 09.

I'm not surprised if they're picking and choosing who gets the car first based on financial merit and how much the "stealer" (dealer) would lose.

I would've have also thought that for a frustrated customer like myself who despite all this is still able to talk to them calmly about the car with them and also wanting to buy more stuff off them in the form of car accessories/add ons, that they would at least make it up to me and try to keep me by giving out special discounts on say the bloody gear knob and wheels or at least least install them for free if they are going to charge me the FULL RRP after price rises!!!

They said they will call be back by this morning to see if they can "CONVINCE" the service department to reduce the labour costs on the install of accessories. What convince? There's no convincing to be done. At the end of the day, its the same dealer just different departments. I'm sure they can do it for free particularly on a new car prior to delivery. If they say that it's going to add value to the car and hence need to increase taxes on it then stuff them cause I know for a fact that its easily avoidable by doing a seperate invoice and treat the install and purchase of the accessories as a post delivery thing.

I reckon Ford Australia and the dealers should be reading these discussion boards to see how dissatisfied customer really are so they hopefully would pull their socks up and get back to the reality of quality customer service and not make to making the typical mistakes and fibs about "priding themselves on quality customer service" as their motto when in fact all they are doing is all talk and no action on top of the bending customers over and kicking them up the ****.

Of course my comments are only my opinions and I do understand that there are the minute number of dealers out there who may be doing the right thing but its those unscrupulous ones who are ruining it for everyone else and causing dissatisfied and disgruntled customers.

Last edited by Zetec Dave; 10-06-2009 at 04:52 PM.
Zetec Dave is offline   Reply With Quote