View Single Post
Old 25-05-2009, 10:55 AM   #27
Dave_Obsession
Resident AFF detailer

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Helpful and detailed posts on car care. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik
found my problem it was me :(, never did learn to read instructions :(, the missing link is the Koni yellows are longer in the shaft and thicker than the Ford/Monroe units, apart from drilling through the top plate and mount right through with 12 mm, you have to drill a 16 mm diameter hole up into the bottom of of the upper mount, NOT ALL THE WAY THROUGH, i found about 25 mm so that allows for the longer shaft to slide up further into the top mount and locate the spring properly for when the suspension is unloaded, from memory the alloy bit you have to drill into is about 40 mm in depth so there is still a bit of meat there, also you will need a spacer to go over the top thin bit of shaft, i found drilling the alloy bit a problem it wanted to spin in the rubber (yes its tired i`ll replace down the track), so a couple of 4 mm holles drilled to depth of about 4mm either side of the shaft hole and used my angle grinder key to stop it spinning while drilling the other end did the job, have`nt really had a chance to give it a good test yet but 50% stiff on the front reds and 0% on rears , i`ll give it a test during the week.
Let us know what you think of them!!!