View Single Post
Old 05-08-2005, 02:58 PM   #60
XRated
Shoot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parawolf
And on that comment, thats why I picked Turbo... and why you should as well
I agree.

I think you also have to really question yourself whether spending more money on a supercharger setup is worth it just because it's old-school and sounds better. Maybe run it by the boss first ;) But the old-school supercharger sound is unreal!!

I'd be looking at the turbo due to the fact that you want "insane" amounts of power. Most of us know here it's usually a matter of winding up the boost, among other things, and away you go. I just see it leaving a whole lot more potential.

One more thing, I don't know myself, but being mechanically driven isn't the supercharger basically running all the time? Hence higher fuel consumption? Whilst you can drive your car sedately off boost (or very little) with a turbo and have the general characteristics of an NA car until you plant the throttle. Maybe I'm totally off here but anyway!!

Have you considered the drivetrain much? Is it going to take much more than 200 at the rear bags before crapping itself?

Either way, I'm sure JMM will do a top-notch quality job on it and make it run excellent times.. You bastard.

20V Turbo

XRated is offline   Reply With Quote