View Single Post
Old 05-08-2005, 10:46 AM   #45
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

I guess part of the issue is how much power I can get from a supercharger. The setup will not be a half *** job but the full deal. Head work, pistons, computer, etc etc etc. As you can imagine it’s a long term project and will be a significant cost. Therefore I have to ask myself, for the investment, what do I want back? In the end it is 2 things.
1. Power, as much as I can squeeze out of it. Not “dyno queen numbers” power, really don’t give too much of a crap about that. No, the sort of power I want is tyre frying, wheel spinning, ¼ munching insanity. The sort of power that will cause wheel spin if I floor it at 100kph on the freeway. The sort of power that make me scared to drive in traffic. The sort of power that forces involuntary whoops and yeehaa’s from my lips :
2. Personal satisfaction. This is my thing, my motivation and my reasoning. The project is for me, no one else, so the personal side of it is as important as the power side.

Seriously though, if I’m going forced induction and spending the money, I want some serious mumbo. I wont be happy with anything under 300rwkw to be honest. Both the Vortech and a Turbo can do this. The big issue that has struck me now is…..what if I want more? The Vortech will be getting close to its effective and reliable limits….a turbo wont. So the big question I have to ask myself is “is 300rwkw enough to satisfy me?” I doubt it to be honest! Once its there and running I’ll get used to it, I know I will. That’s why I’m now seriously looking at a Turbo setup. A proper one, full build, minimum compromises. That way, as funds permit, the wick can be turned up. At least till the auto turns to mush and drops on the ground.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote