View Single Post
Old 14-03-2009, 01:28 PM   #1
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

Thumbs down Open Road review Fiesta and Mazda 2

Today I have just read the latest Open Road that reviewed the Mazda 2 and the new Fiesta. I have to honestly say what a poop of a review. The bloke’s perspective is pretty much spot on, with the things tested. However the ditzy bimbo had no idea and clearly has brand loyalty or the narrow mindedness of "oh that colour is nice" and "I like it because it’s Shiny".

One quote from, the article. "She could forgive any shortfall in the mazda2's performance because she felt much happier driving the car". She probably owns a 94 Excel and is stoked about driving a new car.

With that said by the female tester instantly makes the review bias and crap. There is also a section at the end where some professional (who knows they could be 85 years old) said in regards to the handling that "the Fiesta felt nervous through fast tight corners where as the mazda handled better". Now when I took the base model for a test drive I never once felt the car beg for forgiveness, infact it reminded me more of a Mini Cooper S and laughed at me saying is that all you got you wimp?

After talking about how good the fiesta is and giving the impression that the mazda has a few too many shortfalls, they said the fiesta didn’t have enough to take the top spot in the small car bracket. WTF :

I should stop rambling and ask your opinion.

Oh I should mention that my mother in-law just bought a Mazda 3 and I very much like it. I’m not a knob who bags any other brands but this review was just pure horse manure.