View Single Post
Old 27-10-2008, 11:17 AM   #123
SSbaby
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehast13
In 2003, Motor magazine voted him the fourth best driver in Australia (magazine polls mean little) but, for the sake of interest they had
1 Jack Brabham
2 Jim Richards
3 Alan Jones
4 Peter Brock
5 Mark skaife

SSBaby - The title of the thread is not well thought out, I admit that. But read my comments. I don't think Brock was anything less than freak of nature. A man naturally gifted behind the wheel, behind a set of spanners or behind a table smiling at drooling fans.

I questioned the validity of one journo who was claiming he was the best the world had ever seen.

I wish all the greats had a chance to race against each other in their prime against each other in equal machinery

Moffat vs Geoghan vs BRock vs Jane vs Beechey vs Richards vs Skaife vs Lowndes vs Bowe vs ambrose vs ravaglia vs soper vs walkinshaw etc etc etc

You can very rarely compare apples with apples.

SSbaby - you make a good point. With over a 100 posts and counting, it has been a hell of a thread and I have enjoyed every bit of it so far. I have even learned a few and changed a few of my own views.

Man, I love the internet

Always good to have a good yarn.

But you mention Lowndes as being one of the 'greats' in that post... but Lowndes has been consistently getting a whipping from his less popular teammate. How is it that Whincup isn't considered greater than Lowndes, to use your level of reasoning, based on results?