View Single Post
Old 13-04-2008, 08:56 PM   #84
HSE2

It was a cowardly act of a man of low intelligence on an unsuspecting victim.

The penalty, and correctly so, will be sever. If people want to see that sort of contact there is a proper environment in which to do so.

If it were up to me his penalty wouldn't be applied till he was ready to return to the field. If he has broken his wrist perhaps karma has had her say on the suitability of his actions. This hasn't been a sport for a long time. People seem to be missing the point that for many of these guys it’s a work place environment and as such there is duty of care and all the nice PC affiliation that comes with it.
Coming from a boxing back ground, which is very much a contact sport, I was angered to see this incident. Like most I don’t mind the odd “all in” and the guys “flying the flag”. I expect that and I don’t think that is a bad element of our game but I understand that it is undesirable. This isn’t anywhere near the same circumstance. A king hit is a cheap shot that has become acceptable in everyday society much to the greater community detriment.
BREAKING NEWS: The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of "Suck It Up & Move On" after it crashed into "We All Have Problems" before coming to a complete stop at "Get the Hell Over It." Reporting LIVE from Quitchur Bitchin'
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote