View Single Post
Old 21-06-2005, 10:53 PM   #1
b2tf
not here much anymore

Default Frustrating, annoying and costly

Well I'm in a situation at the moment where I in some ways expected to be in after buying the Focus, but Im hoping I can get out of it and learn a little along the way.

Put quite simply, I feel like Ive bought the bastard child of Ford Europe that has no place in Australia.

As Ive said numerous times before, there is a serious shortage of reliable, knowledgable performance houses in my area. Given that its a country area its no surprise - I always expected and assumed this would be the case.
But what is really NOT helpful is the sheer laziness and rudeness from performance houses in Sydney, Melbourne etc. Combine that with the fact that the Focus is not exactly high on the priority list for companies developing things like ECU Chips etc, and it makes for a very difficult route to get the car to the level I want it.

There is one company in particular I am trying to deal with atm, they're based in Sydney and I am finding it near impossible to get onto their sales rep. I call, I email, and I get no replies, no help, and when I finally do get onto him, Im told the website needs updating because some of the products on there are not currently for sale. : Get your act together!

All I want is a reliable person to deal with to get the car to the point where I am happy with it. I dont want a record breaking quarter mile monster, I just want the simple bolt ons like exhaust, chip, underdrives and a few other little things that are almost standard fare for Falcons etc. I know its hard given that the car is effectively an import and all, but really, there must be SOMEONE around who can help me out.