View Single Post
Old 10-09-2007, 06:40 PM   #1
1lifeliveit
Focus is my middle name

Default Queensland roadworthy sucks!!

Hi guys

Ive moved from melbourne to brissy coupla months ago and im trying to transfer my registration to queensland for which i need a roadworthy

I really thought it wud be a breeze...( the car is in excellent shape....just involves checking if everythings working the way it shud)...Nope...no wayy

I took it to Kmart auto....apparently my tyres are no good ( to me theres another 15k atleast in 'em)......brake rotors are gone...( they have to be 20mm thick minimum...but they are only 19.95mm)...my handbrake cover is illegal..(no antislip grip on 'em.....now c'mon : ).....the gearknob doesnot display the shift pattern on it ...(F@#$ing ridiculuos)

When I change tyres I have to stick to the sizes given by the manufacturer. For instance I cant do 205/45 R17 coz its not in the list of sizes (sticker in the glove box). I have to change sump plugs everytime I change oil (Ive never heard of this..has anyone?)

The whole things gonna cost me more than 2 grand (to get a roadworthy !!!!!). and Im planning to sell the car soon coz i got a company ute now.

I know that garages try and suck every possible penny outta u in the name of roadworthy...but this is sick

Has someone else have any experience with roadworthies? If only someone can tell me somewhere thats a bit more flexible in giving a roadworthy.......

My only other option is to take the car back to mel....leave it with frds and try to sell it there

3 door, Panther Black, Manual, 17" MP3 Alloys, SVT Airbox with K&N panel filter, SVT Snorkel, Leather Gear Knob and Steel Handbrake Cover, ST170 pedals, ST170 Lower grille, CFM UDP

Not too soon : Focus sport/Borla Exhaust, Throttle body

Last edited by 1lifeliveit; 10-09-2007 at 06:47 PM.
1lifeliveit is offline   Reply With Quote