View Single Post
Old 15-08-2007, 07:52 PM   #46
meg

other than the irs setup in commodores, the only real problem they suffer from is power steering leaks, cheap to fix but most people don't. The fore mention irs problem is that they fatigue and break the main crossmember, especially if they have been cained or driven on rough roads with hard suspension. they also need camber kits to be fitted to them as they always wear tyres on the inside edge. overall i like them and would be my pick over vt-vy, statesmans are rubbish! they are stretched out commodores and absolute rubbish to drive. they over hang front and rear axles too far and bottom out on everything especially car park driveways. Calais have always been a good option, but they are only auto from factory (may have been able to special order mAnual, i don't know) generally an SS has most of the options of a calais and the better ride/handling suspension setup. pleny of earlier HSV about for around the same price ($15k?) pick up a nice VR/VS senator with leather and all options. Finally like the falcon they are hard to sell, so make sure you bargain hard!
meg is offline   Reply With Quote