View Single Post
Old 09-08-2007, 04:49 PM   #227
Outbackjack
Central to all beach's

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
OBEY THE ROAD RULES, do not think, do not question, do not use judgement.

If the traffic light is green you must drive through you do not need to look for other traffic they may illegally cross in front of you as you are OBEYING THE RULES.

If the speed limit is 100km/h and there is intermittent visibility due to fog you can go 100km/h because YOU ARE OBEYING THE RULES.

If you have a critically hurt person on board and time is important, e.g. snakebite, it is ok to let them die or suffer permenent damage because if you went over the speed limit you would NOT BE OBEYING THE RULES.

Law by its very nature is not absolute and situations must be judged on their merit. To react emotionally rather than logicly is a human failing that is more prevalent in some than others.
The young are far more emotional and less logical than the old due to many factors to do with physiology and psychology and this phenomena has shown itself quite clearly with some of the responses.

It is interesting to note that the support for this punishment is mostly from the young. Laws are made by the old. In a few years the young on here will be old and they will be making the laws. It will be their chance to run the world.

I am quite sure when this happens the same group will be under siege from the next generation of twenty something year olds who will believe whole heartedly that they have all the answers and that those with the actual experience have no idea.

This is what has been happening for the last umpty thousand years and will do so for the next umpty thousand years.
You pretty much summed up what I was about to say. But I will add that our Miss luke_warm_camry, well, is just not all that bright.