View Single Post
Old 30-03-2005, 12:21 AM   #78
mont106

Ok guys I had my fun with the thread.

No more funny staff. I try and be less technical as I can. You wake up one cool crisp morning, the air is so fresh. you hop in the car to get bread & milk for the wife & kids from the shop down the road, but time is short you gotta get to work. Does the throttle respond better? does it feel fast?

next day, 11:30am. its 29 degree out side. Does it respond like the day before now? I don't think so.

I,ll give you an experiment to test my theory. use a thermometer to measure the ambient temp out side. take a note of reading, now tape the thermometer inside the airbox and go for a short drive. remove it and take note of the reading, is there a drop in temp at all?.

Lets clearify something with electric supercharger. I doesn't produce boost no were near 2psi. All this guys selling the product have forgotten one thing. "air density"

24500rpm cobalt motor and 3" ducted fan. place it in the right place with the right setup. remember the thermometer?, well, well. what do you think the temp was? 24 degrees outside temp. 17 degrees inside the the intake openning.

What does that tell you. what does the MAP {Manifold Absolute Pressure} sensor do? it can only detect pressure differences below atmospheric pressure so absolute boost can confuse the ECU. it runs richer cause the air is dense, cool, cold. full combustion will acur. budda ping bong bang.

The unit acts as a air cooler, it denses the air.

We all know that compressing air will create hot air. I wonder what those turbo intercoolers{heat exchanger} do?
belt driven supercharger also heats air as it pressurize the manifold. but it makes up for it by volume of air.

lowering intake air temperature. the end
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DIY EAF_1.jpg (29.0 KB, 131 views)